Equestrian Tool Kit
Aspects of riding Pilates can improve:
- Your riding position and posture
- Your alignment, and ultimately your horse’s too
- Your core stability and balance (less falls)
- Your flexibility (better sitting trot)
- The independence of your seat (no more hanging on the reins)
- How you use your body to reduce wear and tear and injuries
What the clinics will cover:
- The Riding-Pilates Connection — Awareness, balance and centering.
- Assessing the Rider off the horse — designed to teach riders how to feel better and notice their body. Individualizing a program to suit your exact needs.
- Common Riding Problems and their corrections
- Mat Exercises — Barn & Home Program
Aspects of riding groundwork can improve:
- Helps build respect, understanding, clear communication and trust with our horses.
- Builds a strong foundation to a great horse/human partnership.
- Helps us gain an eye for our horses body mechanics – seeing imbalances on the ground allows us understand and address what is happening under saddle.
- Develops the flexibility and suppleness needed for a healthy balanced horse.
- Understanding how we are in our own bodies has an effect on our horses and their way of going.
- Shows us whether our horses are ready mentally and physically to ride.
- Gives us the ability to problem solve safely and with confidence.
- A great way to warm up and prepare for a successful ride.
What the clinics will cover:
- Communicating clearly with individual parts of the horse
- Adept handling of tools
- Establishing respect and understanding between horse and human
- Introducing tools for problem solving
- Awareness of what we are bringing to our sessions
- Learning how to be an objective observer of our horse
- Take home a series of quick effective exercises that yield great results
Equestrian Blog: Be the rider your horse needs you to be:
What Equestrians have to say about the Equestrian Tool Kit:
The clinic was truly amazing very well organized and awesome people around supporting each other. Amy is an amazing instructor and very easy to learn from her technique.
This course and ongoing Pilates has made and continues to make a huge difference in my own body and how I ride. I think the most important lesson has been in self and body awareness. As a relatively fit and active person I never really paid any attention to my body, expecting it to perform no matter how I supported it (or not) But the biggest mind blowing eye opener only came when I realized just how much my body, how every tiny movement affected another sentient being. I started riding late (in my 40s) and spent years relying on my legs and my hands for go, turn, bend and most importantly stop! To suddenly feel Your horse back up just by engaging your core, to effortlessly side pass to exactly the spot you want to go to just by engaging one panel/side - magic! Thank you Amy and Tracey!!
I have encountered these methods previously through my training with both Amy and Tracey but this clinic really helped to take my understanding to a new level. The improvements to my health, balance, skill and relationship with my horse are mind blowing. I feel that I owe it to my horse to be the best I can be and the ETK methods are a huge part of helping me get closer to achieving that goal.
There was a moment or flash of awareness that came to me, opening and showing my body on a cellular level that I have the ability to hold the empowering lessons before me. ETK’s 3 days of level one has empowered me every day since., Masterson Method | Practitioner, Mentor, Instructor & Coach